Dog is a man's best friend is one phrase that will never be overrated. These animals, since a long time, have been great companions to man. A perfect family picture looks complete when there is a family dog there. All dogs to be loyal, yet there have to be a few special names that have to mentioned, when talking about loyal dog breeds.
Top Ten Most Loyal Dogs
Having mentioned these breeds, listed below are some celebrity dogs in history, who due to their loyal, faithful, and helpful nature, have made a mark for themselves.
Loyal Dogs in History
More than being loyal, the deeds done by some of these dogs are heroic. Following is a list of loyal dogs in history.
- Chips, tank guard during World War II
- Hachiko, waited for his owner for years
- Togo and Balto, helped bring an antidote to an epidemic
- Barry, the superdog who rescued 40 people in Alps
- Stubby, war dog in World War I
- Owney, maildog (mascot of the railway mail service)
- Guinefort, the Saint dog who protected his owner's child's life
The word loyal is almost inseparable from these dogs. Loyal, faithful, loving, and caring is what they are and have always been.