- Water - 1½ cup.
- Safflower oil - ½ cup.
- Eggs, medium-sized - 2.
- Peanut butter, without sugar - 3 tablespoons.
- Vanilla essence - 2 teaspoons.
- Whole-wheat flour - 1½ cup.
- White flour, unbleached - 1¼ cup.
- Cornmeal - ½ cup.
- Rolled oats - ½ cup.
- Take a mixing bowl, and to it add the water, oil, eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla. Mix well using a wire whisk.
- After it has been mixed properly, add the different types of flour, cornmeal and oats, and use a blender to mix these ingredients well.
- Take a third of this dough and place it on a surface covered with dry flour. Pat some flour on to the top of this dough and knead it well, till it is soft and pliable.
- Now roll it out using a rolling pin, and make sure it is ½ an inch thick. You can cut this dough into shapes using a cookie cutter.
- After the cookies have been cut, you can place them on a baking sheet, without greasing it, and bake it for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F. After this is done baking, you can leave it in the oven for another 20 minutes to ensure that they are nice and crispy.
- Oatmeal, uncooked - 1 cup.
- Hot water or chicken broth - 1½ cup.
- Cheese, grated - 4 ounces or 1 cup.
- Egg, beaten - 1.
- Wheat Germ - 1 cup.
- Margarine - ¼ cup.
- Powdered milk - ½ cup.
- Salt - ¼ tablespoon.
- Cornmeal - 1 cup.
- Whole-wheat flour - 3 cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oatmeal and margarine. To this add the hot water or chicken broth. Let this sit for 5 minutes.
- Now, add the powdered milk, cheese, salt, and eggs. Mix it well.
- To this mixture add the cornmeal and wheat germ, and again mix well. Add the flour, a third of a cup at a time, and keep mixing till it becomes dough.
- Knead this dough till it has become pliable, and add as much flour as necessary.
- Roll it out using a rolling pin, to ¼ of an inch thickness.
- Use a bone-shaped cookie cutter and cut them out.
- Place these biscuits on a baking sheet greased with butter, and bake for 60 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- Let the cookies cool off in the oven for another 90 minutes, to make sure they are crisp.
- Flour - 3½ cups.
- Whole-wheat flour - 2 cups.
- Rye flour - 1 cup.
- Cornmeal - 1 cup.
- Cracked wheat - 2 cups.
- Salt - 4 teaspoons.
- Dry or powdered milk - ½ cup.
- Egg - 1.
- Dry yeast - 1 packet.
- Chicken Stock - 1 pint.
- Take a bowl and dissolve the yeast with quarter of a cup of warm water.
- Next, add the chicken stock, flour, whole-wheat flour, rye flour, cornmeal, cracked wheat, powdered milk, egg, and salt. Mix well till it becomes soft dough.
- Keeping adding flour till this dough becomes soft and pliable.
- Roll it out to ½ an inch thickness using a rolling pin, and cut out cookies using a cookie cutter.
- Place these on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes at 300 degrees F. Leave the cookies in the oven till they become hard.
It might take you some time to get the hang of these recipes. However, preparing them often will increase your confidence. If you think of adding more ingredients, ensure that they're safe for your pet.