Are you looking for the best dog shampoo to clean your pooch? Finding the best can be quite a task, as there are so many varieties available! A better option is to find the one that's ideal for your dog.
You’ll be amazed to know that there are a variety of shampoos for dogs in the market. There are shampoos for dry skin, itchy skin, fleas, itching and what not. This makes the task of choosing one, difficult―outright confusing at times. Before buying a shampoo, one should specifically consider certain aspects of the same, like its pH value, ingredients, etc.
- pH Value: It is always better to check the pH value on the ingredients list before choosing a shampoo, as the ones with high pH can cause harm to your dog. It is best desired to have a pH value of around 6.5 to 7.5.
- Scent: We humans are more attracted to scents in shampoos. Dogs are not! In fact, heavily scented shampoos can cause irritation to your pet.
- Natural Ingredients: Choose a shampoo based on natural ingredients. An oatmeal-based shampoo is best suited for canine skin. Natural ingredients, like peppermint, burdock, Aloe vera, calendula, Ordenone, etc, are not at all harmful. In fact, they help in controlling bad odor and bacterial infection in dogs.
- Price: As far as price is concerned, good quality shampoos fall on the higher side. A bad shampoo can cause more harm than good.
- Lather: The shampoo should lather lightly and should be easy to rinse off.
- Tear-less: For your canine, go for a tear-less shampoo, as the chemicals can harm your pet’s eyes. The feature is generally mentioned on the product.
Best Shampoos by Categories
- HydraPlex PLUS
- Bio-Groom Herbal Groom Conditoning Shampoo
- TropiClean Oxy-Med Medicated Oatmeal Shampoo
- TropiClean Luxury 2 in 1 Papaya & Coconut Pet Shampoo and Conditioner
- Isle of Dogs Clean Coating Shampoo for Dogs
- Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Dog & Cat Shampoo
- Pet Guard Dog Shampoo
- Kelco Filthy Animal Shampoo
- Dogo Suds Lavender Dog Shampoo
- Virbac (Zema) 32080 Odor Killing Shampoo
- Kelco ZAP Skin Healing Dog Shampoo
- Nature’s Miracle Supreme Odor Control
- Cloud Star Buddy Wash Lavender Dog Wash
- Four Paws Magic Coat Odor Control Shampoo
For Dry Skin
- Pet Head Feeling Flaky Dry and Sensitive Skin Dog Shampoo
- Comfy Dog Oatmeal Conditioning Shampoo
- Dermaplex Dry Skin Relief Shampoo
- Happytails Comfy Dog Oatmeal Shampoo for Dry Skin
- Pet Head Life’s An Itch Skin Soothing Dog Shampoo
- Pro Pet Works Natural Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
- Wahl Dog Oatmeal Formula
For Itchy Skin
- John Paul Pet Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
- Bobbi Panter Itchy Dog Shampoo
- Happytails Comfy Dog Oatmeal Shampoo for Itchy Skin
- Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe Dog Shampoo
- Buddy Wash Refreshing Rosemary & Mint Dog Shampoo & Conditioner
- Oxgord Pet Wash Shampoo
- Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo
There are many more brands available in the market. What we have put together here, are the ones that are considered the best by dog owners.
(Note: For best results, take care to follow all the directions given on the product.)